10/1/10

Cute Funny Baby - 34 Week Ultrasound

September 25th we had what might be our last ultrasound before Baby B arrives. My mom, Jason's mom and Kathleen were in town and got to be there with us. It was wonderful!
The baby looked adorable and SO real! Last time sometimes the little monkey looked like a real baby but mostly just like a jumbled picture that I didn't get.
The Ultrasound technician started out by saying over and over....."What a funny baby! This is a funny baby!" We didn't get it at first, and Jason was somewhat offended at first not knowing what she meant. Apparently the baby wouldn't stop sticking out it's tongue and puckering it's lips :) Then the tech went on to say, over and over again how cute this baby was....and the pictures are pretty cute if I do say so myself!
I never thought I'd be one of those people/parents that tried to see myself or J in the baby but, that is Jason's nose ALL the way and I think my big lips but that chin....no idea! We'll have to wait and see :)
Cutest profile on the block! We were all in tears at some point during the appointment.

During the ultrasound the baby had the hiccups. Watching Baby B's spin contract with each hiccup I was feeling was crazy cool!
The baby was also breech. Seriously the head, arms and feet were all curled up in the top part of my right side....ALL of this baby was just chilling there. This explains why the nerves in my right leg were always in SO much pain!
On Monday, I had a doctors appointment and we went over all the details of what they do when a baby is breech. I had no idea they try to physically turn the baby themselves. Not shocking to hear, but, apparently its such a painful procedure that they give you an epidural before they begin and induce immediately following or they just schedule a C-section. Not my favorite conversation.
Then my hilariously amazing doc puts her hand on my lower abdomen and says, "when did you get that ultrasound?" I told her 2 days ago. She looks shocked and says, "cause that feels like a head." She continues with the exam...side note, no one told me my first below the waist exam would be that painful. WHOA, not prepared for that!....She then takes me to the ultrasound room to check the baby's position. And, I kid you not, she places her hand delicately on my arm and exclaims, "My outpatient skills are amazing! The baby is down here and in the right position!"

GO BABY B!!!! Way to move and save mommy the horrifying experience of them turning you!
Now we just have to pray this little monkey doesn't keep moving! Stay put kid-o!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mabrie I'm so glad your baby turned! I have had several clients have ECVs or versions (where the Dr. manually turns the baby) and none of them had an epidural, so I'm surprised that's what your OB said. It is painful but not to the point of screaming pain, just the kind that makes you want to hold your breath. They give you a muscle relaxer to loosen your uterus and keep it from contracting so they can turn baby easier.

Anyway, glad you're baby turned. In order to keep baby in vertex (head down) position you can spend time leaning over on a birth ball, or sitting on one, or take a few moments each day and get on all fours (do that cat stretch) to keep baby where you want it. If you have any questions, drop me a line.

You're gonna have so much fun!!!

BobLobLaw said...

Thanks for the wonderful advice! I will SO try them all! Anything to keep baby in the right spot!
You are too good to me!

Des said...

I am SOOOOO glad the baby turned. When i read breech I went nooooo! I've also heard that turning is painful, but not like childbirth painful in need of an epidural. Are you doing your squats yet?? It's good to start doing that and it encourages the baby to come down.
and also when I saw those pics a few days ago the first thing I said was "It has Mabrie's [insert inappropriate racial slang] lips!" I can't wait to see that cute little one! I can't believe how soon it is and you're going to be popping that baby out! I wonder if I can convince Jason to spend an extra 10 cents on an international text to let me know when you go into labor???

BobLobLaw said...

Des- OF course he can text you!!!! I just need your number!
I'm not doing squats...I guess I should. And this kids SO has my beautifully ethnic looking lips :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, oh yes, absolutely Des is right, do squats, like ballet squats, like twenty of them a day. That will for sure help baby stay in head down position and help baby drop too.

Adi shaikh said...

fake ultrasound Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.