8/19/10

Praying for Baby B


A lovely friend of mine sent me a letter she had sent to close family and friends while she was pregnant requesting prayer for her little one. I completely LOVED the idea and stole it as fast as I could! I sent the following letter to a few friends and family members requesting prayer for the baby, Jason and myself...and now I'm sharing it with everyone :)
Some of it may seem silly, but, it's what mattered to as when we first wrote it.

Dear Friends and Family,

As you know, Jason and I are about to experience a major time of transition in our lives with having a baby. It is a blessing from God that we praise Him for, and our hearts are filled with excitement and joy for this gift. In addition to the happiness and anticipation we’re experiencing we also possess a very real awareness of the need to bathe this whole season of life in prayer!

Let me know if you’re joining me on this journey by emailing me.

Love you!

-Mabrie and Jason (and little Baby B)

IN REGARD TO THE REMAINDER OF THE PREGNANCY

Baby’s Health

• For a healthy baby to be forming, free from disease and defect

• For the baby to go full term without complications

Spiritual Preparation

• For our spiritual roots. Pray Colossians 2:6 over us: “So then, continue to live in Him [Christ Jesus], rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”

• That we would find time to diligently seek Him with all of our hearts

Marriage Preparation

• For our marriage to be strengthened through lots of prayer time together. That our love for each other would grow and have a firm, solid foundation going into parenthood

My Physical Health

• That I would crave healthy food

• That I would be protected from illness and infection

Baby-Related Decisions

• For guidance in figuring out how to handle the baby’s immunizations

Financial Preparation

• Clarity on what our new budget will/should look like

IN REGARD TO LABOR AND DELIVERY

• That the baby would be delivered without complication

• For mental and physical strength for me

• That Jason would be in town for both labor and delivery

• For Jason to be mentality prepared and to be a great birthing coach

IN REGARD TO NEW MOTHERHOOD and FATHERHOOD

Spiritual Health

• That I would give God the first fruits of my free time, and that He would fill my cup daily – that I would not let my “to do” list consistently supersede my time with Him

• That we would look to God, not our circumstances, for our fulfillment and satisfaction, and that God would truly fulfill and satisfy us

My Mental Health

• For strength mentally, to push myself and keep a positive attitude even in times of tiredness

• For protection against post partum depression

Our Relationship With Each Other

• For protection over our marriage

• For God’s love to fill each of our hearts, and for us to love each other out of the fruit of the Spirit, not how we’ve been treated by the other person

Baby Issues

• That the baby would sleep well (it doesn’t hurt to ask!)

• That the baby would not have colic

• That the baby would nurse well

• That the baby would come to know and love the Lord at an early age

Thank you for considering praying with us! I am so grateful to God for you. I “always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in [my] prayers.” -1 Thessalonians 1:4

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

Mabrie, you are so precious. I love you, Jason, and BABY B! I'm praying for all 3 of you.

PS- Whenever I say/write/type "Baby B" I always think in my head "BABY B" just like Grayson screams it.